Sunday, February 22, 2009

Change

Why do we run from change? Why, when faced with a decision we KNOW is good and right, do we close our eyes and pretend like we don't see what needs to take place? Why do we fear what ultimately could be the greatest thing to ever happen to us? The unknown? Perhaps...but I run toward adventure! I love a good mystery! I'm not so sure it is just the unknown that scares me as much as it is the idea of starting something new. Beginning again. Sometimes I live in constant unhappiness, I live in the dreariness and mediocrity of a situation all because I am fearful of moving on! My feet feel cemented to the floor and I am unable to take that first "baby step" of faith! With all my heart I want to LEAP out of the boat but I allow my fears and my "what-ifs" to keep me locked in my comfort zone! I stand shaking the bars of my prison cell screaming to be released when the key to my own freedom rests comfortably in my pocket. WOW. What a mess I am.

So many thoughts running through my my head. I am tired and I want more!

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Wow! what a good writer you are! You could write a devotion book.

Love you!