Monday, June 27, 2011

"Be Still..."

HE speaks my name. He bids me come. He whispers over my soul. He tells me to STOP. To just BE in His presence. "BE STILL"...He says. "CEASE STRIVING"... My heart is overwhelmed...He tells me it doesn't have to be.
So, I lay down my plans. I stop "doing" and I come. He offers peace. I am silent. I am quiet in His presence and my spirit is awakened. For NOW, my focus is on the Father. All this time, my attention and my worry has been on people, circumstance, problems. But now, in this moment, it is all on my Lord. And when my heart is steadfast on HIM, everything else grows dim in comparison. Just simple adoration. Simple gaze. He wants me fixed on HIM. The world will carry on in all her busyness and demands. People will continue to fail me and hurt me and disappoint. But when I loose sight of the prize and place that sight on the obstacles, discouragement will become paramount and this girlish, human heart will slip and fall.
So He asks me to be silent. He asks me to listen. To stop talking. To stop trying. He asks me to just be His daughter. Just be loved. Be a mirror of His glory. Be a vessel. Allow Him to pour HIS goodness through me.
"Therefore, since we have so great a cloud of witnesses surrounding us, let us also lay aside every encumbrance and the sin which so easily entangles us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, FIXING OUR EYES ON JESUS, the author and perfector of our faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has set down at the right hand of the throne of God. " Hebrews 12:1-2

No comments: