Thursday, September 8, 2011

Peace for my Soul…

I can’t stop seeing the hurt in his eyes.  The deep pain that has changed him forever.  I can’t stop hearing the anguish in her story…the hurt from being accused and dismissed.  The images won’t leave my mind…the hungry, the hurting, the needy.  I see the need…I feel it in the center of my being.  I see the tears.  I feel them as they fall down her cheeks.  What can I do?  How do I help?  My soul cries out!  I can’t rest until I DO something. 

And then I hear it.  That soft Whisper that has become such a dear and trusted Friend.  The Holy Wind that blows across my heart and bids me come.  I fall.  On my face, I fall into His presence.  I fall hungry, hurting, and needy at His feet!  And there I stay.  I unleash my soul before Him…it all comes tumbling out in gushes. 

He says STOP.  He says INTERCEDE.  PRAY.  I bear my soul before the Almighty.  DO THIS.  I am doing what doesn’t make sense.  But in doing, peace starts to chip away the pieces of distress.  I can accomplish nothing apart from the ONE who accomplishes all.  So, in His presence I sit.  I lay aside frivolous things.  He convicts and disciplines my wayward heart.  I humbly bow.  It hurts, this growing up in the Lord.  But I know the growing pains will only bring me closer…closer to the One who my very soul longs to apart of.  So I confess.  And I bow lower.  Until I am prostrate on my bedroom floor, I bow.  And He says “Stay and Do”.  This is what I am to do for the hurt in his eyes.  This is what I am to do for the anguish in her story, the hurt from being accused and dismissed.  This is what I am to do for the tears as they fall down her cheeks.  I am to bow low, and usher their requests before the throne room of the Creator Himself…the great I AM. 

And when He sets me on my feet again, I am to go.  I am to feed the hungry, comfort the hurting, and help the needy.  I am to be His hands and feet. 

No comments: