Monday, August 22, 2011

Praising Through The Seasons

In the waking of the dawn, I hear You.  I will give You praise.  For, in this moment of coffee dripping from the pot, laundry tossing in the dryer, quiet surrounding my heart…I can see You.  All around me.  You are calling me into Your beauty that overwhelms.  Outside my window, fall has settled in.  Trees have begun to change to yellow…sprinkled here and there.  Mornings are met with a cool damp mist, winter gently trying to make her entrance. 

But, in the midst of fall, SUMMER still breaks through my soul.  For only a few short weeks before, walking in the woods of birch, Your glory rained down through those trees and my spirit was set ablaze!

 

DSCN2087

I can still feel that moment of grandeur!  I can still faintly hear You whisper Your love over me on that day.  And how my heart rejoices b/c I can hear Your love wash over me fresh and new THIS morning as well.  It doesn’t matter what season we are in, what storm we are facing, what light we see before us.  “Your mercies are new every morning, GREAT IS YOUR FAITHFULNESS!” 

So, bring on winter, in all her fury!  I am ready to praise! 

No comments: