Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving…

Today I am thankful.  In the early morning, while children are still sleeping and coffee is brewing and the night is giving way to morning’s light, I am thankful.  My heart truly overflows with the blessings God has poured out and over my life.  I sat down to this this keyboard, this computer, to type out a Thanksgiving list…but my list started a year ago.  I am on number 867. 

The biggest thankful this day…is that God is showing me how to live a life of thankful EVERYDAY.  I write these words with all humility, for this lesson wasn’t learned overnight.  And to be honest, I am still learning this lesson as my fingers fall across these lettered keys.  But the journey has begun.  And JOY fills my heart each day because of it.  I am truly learning how to find thankfuls in every day that passes!  I am still guilty of missing the moments…I get grumpy, discouraged, and loose sight of the beautiful!  But God has begun a work in my life that has led me back, each grumpy discouraged time, to the miracle of the moment that I am breathing and living inside! 

So, this Thanksgiving Day, the day we set aside as a nation to give thanks and remember…I will continue to count.  I will celebrate that this kind of joyous occasion can be had each and every day.  That the turkey and the dressing and the family gathered around the table, and the games and laughter and togetherness is celebrated throughout the year for our God gives us good each and everyday!  And His good is begging to be seen, to be proclaimed, to be shouted from the mountain tops! 

We give thanks.  We hold hands and bear witness of the Creator and His miraculous displays of beauty and grace all around.  We refuse to be silent…we will dance in the streets for we are filled with gratitude that cannot be contained.  And as our dance gives way to awestruck wonder and amazement, we will fall to our knees, with hands lifted high as we glory in the good and miraculous of Heaven HIMSELF!

                     DSCN2087

No comments: