Friday, September 12, 2008

Cleaning =Therapy

Many people find this an odd statement...but to me it makes complete sense! Cleaning=Therapy! I love to clean...to organize especially! It is so bad that my children enjoy cleaning too! Wes has all his toys organized into little boxes and cubbies...and Emmy Grace knows exactly where every baby doll sleeps! I know it might sound creepy to some (including my husband)...but to me it is wonderful! When I am stressed or feeling down...all I have to do is give my home a nice wipe down and my day immediately looks better:) Organizing my cupboards helps me organize my thoughts in a strange way! It truly relaxes me!

So today, I decided we would clean! Not just put things away and wipe off the counter tops, but CLEAN from top to bottom...wiping baseboards, hands and knees scrubbing the floors, the whole nine yards! IT WAS AMAZING! Wes and Emmy LOVE cleaning day!(at least now they do...I'm sure in a couple of years it will be a different story!) They each get a rag and off we go. Although today I found Emmy Grace wiping the kitty...she has scratch marks to prove it...but overall it was a fun and crazy day! We sing and dance sometimes. We bond. I know I know...insane! But hey, I can lay my head down tonight, take a deep breath, and know that in the morning all the work is done! YEAH!!!!!!

1 comment:

Lindsey Tiner Miller said...

ok... I just have to say this is my favorite! I am the EXACTLY same way!! I can only hope my kids love it like yours do. Seriously, my husband refers to me as Monica at times. (the one off of "Friends") Maybe that is why we are such good friends. You know...to the core friends...even if its been years since we have connected. I LOVE to clean and I have always said that its therapy to me...its my motto! Cant believe it!