Wednesday, August 26, 2009

so blessed...

I am sitting here, in the quiet moment of my afternoon otherwise known as "rest time"...and I am reflecting over the amazing blessings God has poured out over my life. God has given me 3 amazing children...each personality a uniquie gift! Wesley is so full of life...he asks a thousands questions a day...random things...but he is always so curious and eager to learn! About anything really! He just wants to know everything! I am so glad that he is my firstborn! And not only do I get to be his mommy, but also his teacher! He is the student every teacher dreams of...he rushes through breakfast, brushes his teeth, gets dressed, all in a frenzy of motions...chomping at the bit to start schooL! And when it is over...he BEGS me to do more! Every subject, every new concept is like the coolest game to him...he can't get enough! He is so helpful! He told me yesterday that "being a helper" is WAY more fun than playing! I love it!

And Emmy Grace! She is the funniest little girl I have ever met! Unlike Wesley who is a definete people person, she is perfectly content being alone! She can play with her toys all day long if I let her...happy as lark! She loves her big brother so much and wants to do everything he does! She is my singer...she will sing on end for hours! Some songs real, others made up about nothing in particular! She will make a wonderful mommy one day...she copies everything I do with Baby Luke! She loves giving him kisses and holding him! She wants to do what is right and good...but sometimes the thrill of the moment is much more exciting! Although the older she gets the better at obeying she gets...she still had rather ask for forgiveness than permission! She hates getting in trouble, especially from Travis. Her little lip will begin to quiver and tears will well up in her eyes if Daddy even LOOKS the slightest displeased. She takes great pride in things she can do all by herself! She gets so distracted! No matter how big or little the task may be...she is for sure going to get distracted and the task left for another day. I love her. She loves being a girl! She fears that one day she might turn into a boy...and that really bothers her. She likes being a girl b/c she gets to wear pretty dresses...she is my radiant ray of sunshine on any rainy day!

And Luke. He is the sweetest baby I have ever had. He loves to cuddle and be held close. He loves mommy more than anything right now. My other two didn't mind being away from me...but already at 6 weeks old, he loves being held in my arms. Some days I wish it wasn't so...but most days I love it! He gets mad really easy and quick...but we are hoping he will outgrow that one. I can't wait to see what he will grow to be!

All of them really...they are still so young and have their whole lives to grow and experience things. I just pray that they will love Jesus above all...and live life to the fullest! I am blessed! And so happy! Thank You Lord!

4 comments:

Ben and Audrey said...

such a sweet post! you make me so excited for my baby #2 to get here in february!!! i can't wait to be responsible for 2 babies. it seems like lately i've come across so many women who can't conceive & i just praise the Lord everyday, that i can have 1 little boy & another sweet one on the way! what a blessing children are to their parents!! love you! wish i could see you & those kiddos soon!!! enjoy the rest of your day!

dacia said...

i loved reading this!

Unknown said...

Hello!
Very nice pictures on the mountain!

I would like to recommend you www.netzarim.co.il - a website of the first century Ribi Yehoshua (the Messiah) from Nazareth.

Kimberly N. White said...

Hey my friend! I loved reading your post today!!! It makes me beyond excited to start my journey as a mommy. I wish I could see your precious kiddos in person. Hopefully, one day. I cracked up reading about your baby girl! haha. She sounds like a hoot =) Thank you for sharing about their sweet personalities. It will be incredible to see how God uses their individual gifts! Sending you hugs from D.C.!