Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Quiet Time

I set my alarm for 6! A whole hour before Luke wakes up! I hear it ringing and quickly jump out of bed, rush through a shower (the first one I have taken in 3 days...it's been a rough week) , get dressed and hurry down the stairs. I pick up my Bible...the one I haven't seen in weeks...the one that has been replaced with pacifiers, diapers, booger suckers, kindergarten books, tissues for little runny noses...and the list goes on! I snuggle up on my favorite part of the couch for some much needed, and much missed, quiet time alone with my Saviour! Just as soon as I close my eyes to pray, a harsh and VERY hungry cry comes screaming across the monitor! A sinking feeling stirs the inside of my belly! I go get my little angel (who I assure you isn't acting on God's behalf right about now) and bring him downstairs. I feed him, change him, clean out his nose, burp him, and then look at the clock. I still have 20 minutes before the rest of the family come bounding down the stairs...is it possible? I pick up my treasured FRIEND and open up to the book of Luke. (fitting since I am holding MY little Luke in my arms) and begin to read. My little Luke gets squirmmy...so I begin to read outloud. And he stopped! He looked up at me and smiled so big! I read him the whole first chapter of the book of Luke all the while he just smiled and cooed like it was the best thing he had ever heard! PRAISE GOD! What a sweet 2o minutes...holding my sweet angel and reading my Bible!

So, my quiet time wasn't alone...but hey...mother of three and an infant at that, at least it was quiet:) Thank You Lord!

1 comment:

Candice Duffy said...

What a testimony of how God blesses despite our crazy lives! Thanks for reminding me about what is important...looks as though God made a way when it looked like it was going to be "impossible". Very cool!