Friday, September 18, 2009

Wonderful Sounds!

I love sounds! I thank God that he gave us ears to hear with! SOunds trigger memories...same as smells do! I just love the senses God has granted us! But tonight I am stuck on sounds. I am sitting here on my couch, with my computer in my lap, my one favorite lamp on beside me, and I am listening to my sweet husband snoring on the sofa beside me. Snuggled up on his chest is little Luke, snoring right along with daddy. Every now and then Luke will make that ADORABLE baby sigh of pure contentment! LOVE IT!

Another favorite sound was my two older kiddos this morning when they looked out the bedroom window and right before their eyes, was a new trampoline I convinced my VERY skeptical husband into buying! They literally squealed in delight! They couldn't believe it...and Wes said it wasn't even Christmas! He told me later today that he thinks his daddy is better than Santa...cuz Santa only buys you presents on Christmas, but his daddy gets him stuff just b/c he loves him! So sweet!

Another favorite...is listening to my sweet children playing together when they don't think I am listening or watching. I am so thankful for how much they love each other!

THE RAIN! I love hearing the still sound of rain tumbling to the ground from the sky above! It completly stills my soul...

I truly and whole-heartedly enjoy Wes and Emmy singing songs in the car...especially when their words don't come out quite like the writer had anticipated. So cute.

Laughter, music, snow falling on a crisp winter morning, and quiet. I love it all!

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Your blog reads like a devotion for me!!!