Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Expecting Perfection in an Imperfect World?

Are we expecting perfection in an imperfect world? No one is perfect! And nothing is perfect! Except God that is! But why do we act as though people, or things should act perfectly? We have these wild expectations and when they fall short...we act suprised and upset! Why do we do this? Why can't we be happy with what we have? Why can't we accept people for who they are? Why can't we appreciate things despite the flaws that we know will be there? Maybe b/c we are imperfect as well?

THese are just thoughts running through my head this lazy Tuesday afternoon. I want to still be able to smile, even when things go wrong. I want to still love people even when they let me down. I want to be able to "let it go" and still embrace life with joy and contentment! God loves us in the middle of our chaos and drama, why can't we do the same to others?

No comments: