Sunday, June 13, 2010

Why oh Why?

So, there are a few posts I am in need of writing...I have fallen behind in my updates...but this one had to be written tonight! This past weekend has been INCREDIBLY CRAZY! We have had some very sweet friends come up for a couple of weeks and I have been entertaining:) (in other words, been VERY VERY busy) And, I can't forget to mention that Travis went out of town this weekend as well. So, it is me and the kids. ME and 3 kids!

On Friday, after a long day of taking my friends all around Fairbanks and North Pole, we went over to my parents for dinner. I was in the kitchen cooking, when I heard a horrific scream from outside. All of a sudden, Wes comes to the door with blood gushing from his finger! (but, the scream had come from Emmy) He had been outside, and he had just informed me he was trying to cut wood with his swiss army pocket knife! It slipped and got his finger instead! So, in a flurry of activity, we all decided that he needed to go to the ER. So, I was trying to get him in the car when I realized I didn't have my base ID card! This causes a HUGE problem b/c in the army, that card is your life! IT is your insurance card, your way of getting on base, and your identification. So, I was frantically searching...but to no avail! So, my sweet Daddy offered to take us to the ER. We get there, and Wes had to get 3 stitches. He was such a brave little guy! He did cry...but I know it hurt bad! After a few hours at the hospital, they sent us home all bandaged up. We get home, and I had to go to the bathroom! I go into the bathroom, open the lid to the toliet, and THERE IS MY ID CARD! Floating in the toliet! (No, I didn't pee on it first) I don't know how in the world it got there! It was either Miss Gilbert, or LUke! Neither one is confessing just yet! I was happy to find my ID card...so happy that i just stuck my hand right down in that toliet and retrieved it! WOW! What a night! But in the end, all ended well! Wes had a new "man scar" to show off, I have a VERY clean ID card, and Travis will be home tomorrow. I always wonder though, why does all this craziness happen when my husband leaves? He misses all the good stuff:)

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

That's one for the record books! I'm terrible at losing things. I always pulled up at the base gate in Kodiak to go see my friend, Sarah, and I swear, at least five times couldn't find my license and had to go home to get it or they wouldn't let me in. No one was in the car bleeding, and I still got so frustrated!