Wednesday, September 22, 2010

A Blessed Suprise!

Have you ever had a rush of emotion flood over you TOTALLY unexpected! Today, as I was looking on facebook, I saw that my brother had posted his new pictures from his recent trip to Kenya, Africa! They were AMAZING! Beautiful, raw beauty! And as I viewed his magnificent photo album...feelings I haven't felt in years came bubbling to the surface! My eyes quickly filled with tears and my heart ached with an ache that only God can muster up!

15 years ago, God called me to Africa! It wasn't a loud, mighty voice. But it was a compassion so vivid and real that nothing could shake it! I wanted to go...to discover why this yearning in my heart was so pressing, so overwhelming! I began to research and found an organization that sent teenagers on mission trips all over the world. It was Teen Missions International. (One of the grandest groups out there!) So, after praying and receiving a DIRECT answer from the Lord, I went! It was the most glorious experience of my life. From the first penny raised, to the final landing of my plane back in Memphis, TN...I felt the presence of the Lord. I immediately fell in love with that country. The people, the culture, the simplicity of life, the exotic beauty of nature untouched! It captured my heart and captivated my soul! I knew God would bring me back to that place one day...I left knowing there would be a return.

But since that time...many things have happened in my life. I graduated high school, moved to South Korea w/ my family to teach internationally, met and married an AMAZING man, have had 3 children, and am currently living in Alaska! Our lives are filled with fun and adventure everyday! I am thoroughly blessed and thankful for the path God has led me down!

So, in having a family and being married to a military man, I placed my desire for missions and Africa to the side, but praying that one day God would lead me down that path again! I firmly believe that God can call us to specific places or avenues for certain times...and then redirect when He sees fit! I love being a mother! I love my husband and love being his wife! It brings fulfillment to my being that words cannot express! God created me for this role! And I bask in the blessing of it all! But deep inside, there is still this burning passion to "Go and tell..." I still long for a life of complete abandonment and simple faith! I do live it quite frequently now...raising children and being in the military...it is a definite mission field! But Africa...my heart is connected to that place! I can't describe how I know...other than hearing the voice of God!

And today, as I looked at those pictures, I heard Him again! He CONFIRMED it in my spirit! HE said my name again...just as He did 15 years ago! I cannot begin to tell you the encouragement and celebration that flooded every fiber in my body! To know that He put the dream inside my heart...and the dream is still alive! We don't know our futures...we can't predict what will take place...but we can hear our Father and rest in the promises He gives. My heart is at peace...my mind is fixed on Him. I can't wait! The future will unfold as HE WILLS...but you can be sure of this fact...I WILL BE APART of that unfolding...cuz He whispered His promise over me and He is TRUE! I love it! I love that I am apart of something bigger than eyes can see, or ears can hear! I am apart of HIS STORY...and today, He gave me just a glimpse of how I will fit into it! Praise His Name!