Saturday, September 25, 2010

A Purpose, A Plan, A Future

God is in control! His ways are much higher than my ways. His thoughts are much higher than my thoughts. He sees the beginning, the middle AND the end. I only see where I am at the moment. He sees into my heart, my mind, my soul. And He also sees into my neighbor's heart, mind and soul! He is working...moving across our land...sweeping through streets, our schools, our churches, our workplaces, our battlefields. He is touching lives, piercing hearts, convicting souls. He knows what He is doing.

His plan for my life is not complete.

"He's still working on me.
To make me what I ought to be.
It took Him just a week to make the moon and the stars,
The sun and the earth and Jupitar and Mars.
How loving and patient He must be...He's still working on me.

There really ought to be, a sign upon my heart..
.DON'T JUDGE ME YET I'M AN UNFINISHED PART
But I'll be perfect just according to His plan
Fashioned by the Master's loving hand."

He has a purpose for me. A plan. And praise His name, a future. I am just a work in progress.

And so is my neighbor, my friend, my children, my husband. We aren't perfect yet. But one day. We ought to judge accordingly...to remind ourselves everyday that we will be judged by the same measure we judge others. He is in the progress of perfecting us...but that progress just isn't complete yet. Praise His Name!

No comments: