Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Counting Moments...

We have been counting the moments here lately. This excersise has become a huge part of our lives. Stopping in the middle of something and just naming the moment. The kids have had fun with it and so have I. It makes us aware of our blessings as we live them out. It makes us aware of our God, and that we are living apart of something much bigger than ourselves. This counting, it has changed my life. I feel as if God has given me a new set of eyes...a set that sees from His perspective a little bit better. It has definetly slowed me down to breathe in the delights that He places in my path daily. Here are just a few of my favorites from the past couple of days...



So thankful for weekend wanderings...time spent with just our little family. Creating memories and delighting in the moment!

Thankful for the rays of sunshine that reflect off of barren birch in winter's mid-afternoon.

Thankful for little hands folded in reverent praise for all she has to be thankful for. It fills my heart to the brim and joy spills over and out in more directions than I can name!



Thankful for silly faces, friendships formed, and love that holds families together when miles and distance split us apart.




Thankful for joy that cannot be contained...happiness seeping out and exploding into every life this little guy comes in contact with!

And I'm thankful for a hillside dotted with Christmas, pine in deepest scent on cold, crisp day.



My list goes on and on. It is my favorite part of my day now...sitting and naming. Wes and I started a journal...we are at 218. It thrills my soul...this counting...giving a name to the moments I am so thankful for. Just thought I'd share this afternoon how it is changing me...making me more like Jesus. It is exciting...I challenge you to try it:)


No comments: