Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas Confessions

Okay, Lindsay, here are my Christmas confessions...

10 Christmas Confessions

1. I think I get WAY more excited on Christmas morning than the rest of my family. I love sitting back and watching everyone else open their presents first! The look on their faces! So great!
2. I get up extremley early on Christmas morning to fix breakfast! I make Travis feel bad b/c he sleeps in but SECRETLY, I don't think I could sleep any later if someone paid me too! Too much excitement!
3. My favorite service all year long is Christmas Eve service! So precious!
4. I love the mess of opening presents but especially the joy in cleaning it all up! I am weird huh?
5. Travis always gets me just what I ask for...yet every year I still doubt he will get me anything. Where is my faith huh?
6. I eat entirely too much on this day! But LOVE it!
7. I tell everyone this is my favorite day of the whole year...but ACTUALLY it is Christmas eve day! I love the excitement of "getting ready" for the next day! I love planning and organizing!
8. This year I made my kids eat breakfast BEFORE presents...and it was great! I think this may be a tradition!
9. I stole number 8 tradition from a friend...not very original I know!
10. I'm going to go shopping and buy everything Travis couldn't find me tomorrow. And I might even wrap them up and unwrap them just because! Who knows!

And number 11...I researched the origin of Christmas day this year...and come to find out...Jesus wasn't even born in the winter! It was more like fall. And our tradition of Christmas came from a pagan holiday! It really upset me when I found out all the history behind it...but decided that this is the day I will celebrate the birth of my Lord. It isn't about the ACTUAL day...but the meaning behind the day! It almost tripped me up...but I worked my way through all the emotions and am a better person because of it! YAY! Merry Christmas all!

No comments: