Saturday, December 26, 2009

Boast in the Lord

God is so good to His children! Especially to this one here recently! I am in the grip of His grace and loving every minute of it! How much I don't deserve yet He lavishes upon me...His goodness, His love and His mercy! To be the recipient of such wealth...it is too wonderful for me to grasp!

And don't you stand amazed at the thought of the Creator of all the universe, providing a way for us to communicate with Him! It blows my mind...the kindness of our Lord. This week I have been reading and meditating over 1 Corinthians 1 and these verses jumped off the pages of my Bible straight into my heart!

vs 25-31..."B/c the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stronger than men. For consider your calling brethern, that there were not many wise according to the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble; but God has chosen the foolish things of the world to shame the wise,and God has chosen the weak things of the world to shame the things which are strong, and the base things of the world, and the despised God has chosen, the things that are not, so that He may nullify the things that are, so that no man may boast before God. But by His doing you are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption, so that just as it is written, ' Let him who boasts, boast in the Lord."

Isn't that incredible! To know that God uses the foolish things of this world for His glory, for His kingdom! That through His strength and might, we can become used to make His glory known! It makes my heart truly happy knowing that EVEN THOUGH, in the world's eyes, I might be worth very little to society, that through God's eyes...I am useful and worthy! Being a mother and wife may have very little impact on the world and how it sees me...but through God's eyes....He is using me to make His glory known! And that impact far outlives any the world may put value on! It encourages me and reminds me to boast in the Lord! For it is He who makes any of us worthy or even mentionable to others! It is He who our lives should reflect...not our own accomplishments or acheivements! WOW! Just another reminder from His word on who I am and why I am here! His GLORY! That is it!

No comments: