Thursday, March 18, 2010

Perspective from a 3yr Old...

Thoughts from a 3yr old...

We are on our way to swimming lessons...one of my favorite things to do! Every Tuesday and Thursday afternoon, Mommy packs us up and we head out the door, load up in the car, and she drives us to the pool. EVERY Tuesday and Thursday. I lay down for my nap KNOWING that she will hurry in at 2:45, wake me up, and get me ready to go. As we get in the car I know it won't take long to make that quick drive to my lessons. I sit in my car seat patiently, as she drives past the familiar landmarks, eventually arriving at our destination. I'm only 3 and I can't read the road signs. I don't know how to drive. I am learning how to tell time, but haven't quite mastered that one yet either. I depend on my mommy to get me there on time, everytime. I know she will do what she needs to do to make this happen. I trust her. She loves me. She knows how important these lessons are to my 3yr old heart. I LOVE swimming lessons.

And she does...everytime...get me there...on time...

But today, she didn't leave at the same time. She didn't drive past the familiar landmarks. She went a different way. But I know my mommy. She loves me. I trust her. She knows. And eventually, somehow, she will get me to my swimming lessons.

And she did.

.........................................................................................................................................................................
Can we be like my sweet 3 year old? God has a destination in mind for us. He loves us. We trust Him. But when He alters the course, When the landmarks become unfamilar, When the route is different than all the other times, Do we still trust Him to get us where we need to be? Do we still cast that vote of confidence His way? Can we sit in our car seats patiently, waiting and releasing all control over to the One who holds our lives in the palm of His hand?

Just some thoughts from a 3yr olds perspective. This mommy is humbled by the greatness of our God!

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

You have GOT to write a devotional book!!!