Saturday, March 6, 2010

Divine Urgings...

Waiting. Waiting? Yes, waiting. I am waiting. In silence. Quiet, uninterupted silence. My babies are down for the night. My hubby isn't set to be home for another 3 hours. And I am waiting on the Lord. I am waiting for Him to speak. I speak ALL THE TIME. I tell Him what I want, what I need, what I like and dislike. I talk about my thankfulness, my lonliness, my happiness, my joyfulness, my saddness. I cry out to Him about my pain and hurts. I laugh in delight over Him. I sing songs of gladness, adoration, joyful celebration. I pour my heart out in words everyday! I love words. I love talking. I love expressing who I am and what I think. But God has given me a profound message...and the jist of it is..."SHUT UP BLAIR! Be quiet. Rest your ever-moving mouth and listen. Let ME speak. And when I don't. Wait! Be patient. Stop acting on what you think is best...and allow me to move you in the direction I see fit. Wait for my divine urgings. It will make life simple...if you wait on Me."

So, I am waiting. And I have to admit, I am quite excited! To know that the King of the Universe, the one true God has something divine for me...it causes my heart to beat a bit faster, my mind to whirl in possiblites, my head to swim in the wonder of it all. He loves me, that I know for sure. Sometimes I picture Him smiling and shaking His head as He listens to all my ramblings. I am most sure that He tries to get a word in here or there...but I just keep talking, oblivious. And instead of getting frustrated with me, He lets me talk. But in all His love, He is gracious enough to stop me. To silence me. B/c He has greater things going on...and He knows the joy and delight I will receive if I act on His quiet urgings instead of my own. What a mighty God we serve.

Even in this quiet moment...I hear Him chuckling to Himself. I hear Him saying..."She can't do it can she...her mouth is quiet but her fingers and talking 90 miles an hour!" Oh me...I am getting off this computer RIGHT NOW LORD!

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

I can tell you have a love of words! and a gift with them too. I loved this post.