Friday, July 30, 2010

The Moment to Live All the Other Moments For!

Time slips by so fast! To "savor a moment" is almost unheard of anymore. Who has the time? We are so busy running from here to there, doing this and that, preparing for what is next and hurrying through what is now. Looking back through my years, I see so many missed opportunities to breathe in the precious moments of the story that God has given me to live! I may have the photos to document my presence during those moments of life. I can smile and remember...being ever so thankful! But to "live" those moments again, that is gone forever. The challenge to "live each day to the fullest" is misinterpreted as "do as many things as possible in the shortest amount of time given."

But my soul aches for YOU, Jesus. I long for time in Your presence. To sit at Your feet and marvel at Your goodness. A smile from Your lips. An embrace in Your arms. Your strength to soar on wings as eagles. Quiet, still moments that shake my very existence. Joyful celebration that burst the doors of my heart wide open! I've felt Your presence so many times. It is a feeling like none else. It leaves me spell-bound and speechless. I enter in, timid and in awe...I leave changed and stripped bear! Your splendor, Your majesty, Your awe-inspiring power leaves me begging for more!

I can't wait! The day that shines brighter than all the rest in my heart. The day I long for with all faith my heart can ever know! The day that I stand before You, Lord. To be physically in Your presence. I don't know how much "standing" I will be doing though:) To fall at Your feet in complete gratitude and thanksgiving. Or to dance as David did! To sing and praise the Name above all else! Eternity will stretch before me...and time will be endless. Oh what a GLORIOUS day! It is a moment to live all the other moments for! So live I will! I will live with eternity in mind...surrendering the flesh, and obeying the Spirit!

No comments: