Tuesday, October 26, 2010

"Gearing" up!

Hormones, how I hate you some days! The past week has been "not so great" of a week! I have been down! Depressed! Sad! Out of sorts! Normally, I am a pretty up-beat kind of girl! I roll with the punches and can get out of a funk pretty quickly. But my latest "funk" has lasted all of a week and I am NOT liking it at all! I felt like I couldn't get my "happy" rolling! I prayed, spent some time with my friends, chatted with my momma, hung out with my hubby, laughed at my crazy kiddos, but inside I felt icky. (I am also a HUGE people person!) So, when being around people didn't help me...I just sat down and cried! A good, long CRY!

And then, after about an hour of so, I determined..."THIS HAS GOT TO COME TO AN END!" No one wanted to be around me...goodness, I didn't even want to be around me.

So, this morning, I woke up early with the very intent of laying some stuff down on the alter! I needed this "pity-party" feeling to END! And glory to God, it did! I was reading in Eph. 6 and realized I hadn't put the "armor of God" on in so long. My defenses were down...Satan was throwing all his fiery darts my way and I was getting slammed at every turn. So, I had a "gearing" up moment...and peace and joy flooded my soul! And let me tell you, this day has been wonderful! Every dart cast my direction has fallen short...cuz I am protected, aware, and ready to face those giants head on! What a wonderful feeling...to claim our victory and WALK IN IT! Thank You Lord!

No comments: