Monday, October 18, 2010

Snow

It's late. THe world is asleep. All is quiet. Still. Peaceful. And as I look out my window, it's SNOWING! Perfect snow! Big, fluffy, snowflakes floating from the sky! I love the snow. There is little else that compares. The actual snowfall is unbeatable, HANDS DOWN! To stand in an open field, and look up at the big sky as the snow falls all around you...there is nothing like it in the world. That moment is perfect! It is serene. To stand in the falling snow...everything else disappears. The noise of everyday life is left for just a moment...the world is hushed. You can feel the pressence of the Lord as He enjoys His great creation. You can almost hear Him laughing in delight over the magnitude of the beauty He designed!

Tonight was the first snowfall of the year...well, the first TRUE snowfall. It just keeps falling...covering everything. I couldn't stand sitting inside. I know it is late, and the kids are sleeping, but I just had to be out in it! So, I bundled up and went and played in the snow! Yes, by myself...it was a moment my soul needed! And in that moment, I felt God's loving arms engulf me! He surrounded me with the most perfect, complete, and awe-inspiring hug I have ever been apart of! I felt Him! I heard Him. In the stillness of the night...I heard Him shout my name in the Whisper of my soul! He loves me! He created me! And he created this night...for me and Him! One of the most amazing moments of my life.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Send me some of that good stuff! It's Oct. 20th and I'm still wearing shorts and flip flops.

I love snow too.

I miss it!!!