Saturday, December 18, 2010

Wesley's Day

There are so many posts I want to write...so many things to catch up on! It feels like it has been so long that I was away from blogging! But that will have to wait for another time. Right now, I have to brag on my sweet son! Wesley Anderson is one of the sweetest, kindest, tender-hearted children I have ever met! He loves people! He loves to make people laugh, make them happy, make them smile! He is the biggest help! He never EVER complains about helping me out at home, with the other kids, or doing WHATEVER needs to be done! He is constantly thinking of others first...his sister or brother...me or Daddy! My heart feels like it will explode sometimes for the joy I feel just being his mom!

Today we dedicated the WHOLE day to Wes! Since my surgery and Travis hurting his leg, we have had to depend on that boy more than any 6 yr old boy should be depended on! His responsibilities tripled and he never batted an eye! He rolled with it and even had fun with it! He learned to change diapers (seeing as changing diaper requires 2 hands), do the dishes, fold laundry, pump gas, and the list goes on! (of course all of these activities were supervised:) But it blessed my heart to see him jump right in and do what needed to be done, just b/c we needed it! We didn't have to threaten or bribe him...he willingly served! So, once we were feeling better, we told him we wanted to honor his servant's heart and reward him with a day filled with whatever he choose to do! He was beside himself with excitement!

Our day began by sleeping in this morning:) Then we all went to see the new Narnia movie! (great movie) After that we took him to Fred Meyer to spend his Christmas money from Nana and Grandpa! (that was a BIG hit!) After which we had some lunch and went downtown for Winter Solstice with Daddy to watch him play banjo! The kids got to sit with Santa and take pictures! We then played Putt Putt golf, and Wesley won! After that we ate dinner, at Wesley's request, at Chili's! And to finish off the night we watched the fireworks downtown! It was a perfect day! I am so thankful for my family! Each child God has blessed me with is so special and unique...and I couldn't imagine my life without any one of them! Thank You Lord for my family! And tonight, I thank You especially for Wes!

1 comment:

Ben and Audrey said...

so sweet. and what a blessing to have such a servant hearted little boy. i pray all the time that Jack will willingly serve others!!

yay for Wes and his fun day! love you!