Tuesday, April 5, 2011

God-Stuff!

The last kiss given as I tuck little hands and feet into blankets "hot dog" tight...lights turned out...quiet meets me at the bottom of the stairs and I sit for the first time in my day. I feel myself exhale...I sense the stress of day lived hard...and I breathe in the lingering moments of grace day given. I ponder over the words spoken...the ideas birthed...the joy played out through young and carefree...I wonder if it was well lived. Did this day bring glory to my Maker? Did I honor Your Name above all others? Were my moments spent seeking You? Or did they lie waste to my selfish demands? My spirit trembles at the answer to those hard and hurtful questions. For I see deep...and pain writhes in the recesses of my soul. I confess. You forgive. I bow low. I give thanks. You give grace. I rejoice. You receive the glory. Glory for wonders mankind can never fathom creating. Miracle moments God-breathed and God-inspired! God-Stuff! Big Stuff! A heart changed. Forgiveness learned. Truth revealed. Relationship restored. A soul saved. A life birthed. Prayers answered. Timing perfected. Beauty formed from ashes burned. Selfish demands surrendered. Glory raised. Joy Found. Trust begun. The hard embraced. God-Stuff! And I sit as the last moment turns into the wee hours of tomorrow and I see You. I know You are near...working it all out of Your glory...working it all out for the good to them that love You and are called according to Your purpose. You are working! You are near! And my heart beats faster and my spirit begins to sing within for I know! I KNOW! How I know and how I rejoice! This day is God-given...and Your grace fills the time and spaces...and I shout my praise with ever fiber You have made up of my being. Praise You King of Kings and Lord of LORDS!

No comments: