Monday, April 25, 2011

Praying...

A tragic loss. A military wife's worst fear becomes a reality. Gone. A life taken in just a breath. Sadness. Tears fall freely as we grieve a hero fallen. So selflessly he served. So selflessly he gave. And so selflessly he died.

I have never met this solider. This man who sacrificed his life so that I might live in freedom upon this soil. Yet I watch his family mourn. My heart hurts in desperate sorrow for the pain that comes from loosing someone so quickly and so sudden. A wife with a 5 month old baby. A brother. A sister. A friend. Yet in their grief, I see something miraculous. I see the GLORY OF GOD! For this solider fought in a battle much greater than this earthly one. He served a Commander more powerful than this fleshly army can afford. He served a KING. And not just any king, but the KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS! And when his earthly life was taken, he found himself face to face with the Creator Himself. What a glorious day! And I watch tears of sadness turn into tears of joy for this solider taken...transported to his final home. I see strength as this family worships that same King, only this side of heaven instead of there. I watch tears fall and I see peace settle over hearts lonely for this man who literally gave his all. I see joy gained as they lift their voices to Majesty Himself...proclaiming that God is still good no matter what the day brings forth. And my heart sings with thanksgiving so great that human minds can never comprehend what we celebrate! Only the Spirit provides the understanding...and in that, I find rejoicing so pure and delight so eternal!


My heart holds this precious family in constant prayer...for the days ahead will not be easy. Loss is never light. Fear threatens to steal the peace that they so desperately hold fast too. But victory stretches ITSELF across the heavens and my prayer is that God will keep them there...in the hard and in the good...Please pray for this sweet family.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

So sorry. I know this family is thankful for you guys.