Monday, April 4, 2011

Turning a Mess into Praise!

Broken, twisted, such a mess this heart of mine. Oozing over with grime and ick. Filled with selfish desires and plans...squeezing Christ right out of the mix. And I feel the hurt...the hurt that rises up and out...the hurt of a thousand confessions bubbling up inside. How the hurt suffocates! I can barely breathe. Before I even pour that first cup of coffee, before I open that quiet moment of refresh with my Saviour, my world is spinning out of control and my day turns to mush before my sleepy eyes. Tears blurr my sight as I try and scramble together the mess and spills...Oh Jesus, how I need You! And before the prayer escapes my lips, I know that He is there. I don't know "why"...for I shame His Name more than I can count...but He is there. He knows my heart. He feels my hurt. He is ready to make sense of the mess I've made. I know that I don't deserve it. I shrink away from His arms of grace. But He engulfs me in an embrace that only spirit and soul can comprehend. Peace settles over my heart. My mind is cleared for the moment...and His glory radiates from the inner recesses of my very core! I feel alive again...a feeling that I haven't felt in quite a while. Alive and JOY! Joy is leaping out of my heart once more. It has been hidden beneath the pain and hurt...the despair and depression. But Joy makes its come back and my heart overflows. Thank You precious Saviour for finding me...in the middle of my mess...for capturing my heart and shining Your glory through me! It is all about You and I am honored to be apart of Your story! Thank You Jesus!

No comments: