Friday, December 2, 2011

Being Here, Now.

Today dawns early…with a list of “to-do’s” already a mile long!  My pulse races just thinking about all that this girl needs to make happen…my mind jumping through the day and the quiet of THIS moment slips right past.  I stop.  I breathe.  I hear His faint whisper…His wind as it stirs my heart.

Oh precious Lord, thank You for the reminder to live wholly now, in this day, in this moment, in this beauty You have given.  The day is early, and the reminder sinking in deep.  I am so grateful for a God who loves me enough to stop my quickening heart and bring me to my face, so I can be in His presence. 

So, I hush…and I hear…HIM!  He says to capture the grace He pours THIS DAY!  Capture their smiles….

DSCN3330DSCN3337

Lay in the snow and make the prettiest snow angels possible!

DSCN3322

Laugh hard with your children!DSCN2416

See the color of beauty all around!  DSCN0165

He beckons me to look!  To see!  The DARE to live fully is ringing true in my heart!  It’s not so much, being as productive as possible…it isn’t even being the best, the first or the greatest!  It is being here.  Now.  Seeing His glory.  Letting His beauty overwhelm you, change you, mold you into more of Him. 

So today, I will pick up my list, but I will pick up my camera too.  And I will remember to slow, and to capture the moments and memories of today.  And I will thank Him, for today.  For their smiles, the snow angels,  the laughter, the color of beauty all around!

No comments: