Friday, December 23, 2011

From Babe in a Manger…to King in the Clouds!

My heart is in need of quiet…of stopping this moment and listening to the whisper.  The whisper of the Holy One.  He is near.  When I am still, I can hear Him.  I can feel His love as He wraps me tight in His heavenly embrace.  I read the words… (Luke 2:10-13)

“The angel said to them, "Do not be afraid. I am bringing you good
news that will be a great joy to all the people. Today your Savior was
born in the town of David. He is Christ, the Lord. This is how you will
know him: You will find a baby wrapped in pieces of cloth and lying in a feeding box." Then a very large group of angels from heaven joined the first angel, praising God and saying: "Give glory to God in heaven, and on earth let there be peace among the people who please God."

My spirit stirs within me.  We celebrate the birth, but we prepare for His coming!  For He is coming again…but this time not in a manger, quiet and meek.  No.  For this time “He, the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the archangel’s voice, and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first.  Then we who are still alive will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air and so we will always be with the Lord.”  (1 Thess.  4:16-17)

The story began quiet…just the soft cries of a newborn babe…but the end will erupt in the trumpeting of heaven’s mighty roar!  The thread of God’s grace spun down through all of time is something far greater than words can ever describe.  When I still, and empty all of me before the Almighty Himself, I can begin to feel the crescendo that awaits!  For the orchestra plays, the music builds, and all of history sings with voices in one accord!  And as we prepare our hearts…the thunderous beating of an army of angels wings beats in mighty anticipation…for He will not be delayed much longer! 

So this Christmas night my soul rejoices!  The Babe who came that quiet night so long ago, will come again!  AMEN!

No comments: