Monday, December 12, 2011

Dancing in the Rain…

Busy.  This season seems so busy.  I love Christmas, the holidays, all the fun of family and friends.  But I don’t like how fast it speeds by, as each day gets bombarded with a hundred things I just “have” to get done!  This week has begun just like all the rest, but I feel God placing His finger on my heart…and I hear His gentle whisper to my soul…and I know this day must be different. 

I do have a hundred excuses why THIS season is okay to be busier than all the rest.  I mean, we are moving across the country!  And with very little time to think or plan or anything that makes moving across the country any easier.  But, there will always be SOMETHING that will steal my moments of now if I let it.  I read something just yesterday and it spoke to my heart…it said:

“You can’t wait until the storm passes by…you have to learn to dance in the rain!” 

This season isn’t necessarily a “storm” in my life…but it is something that I am waiting to settle down, to get through, to pass by so that things can be “normal” again.  But what is “normal”?  I don’t have “normal”…I have a life that changes from day to day.  And if I am always waiting for this event to pass by… to hurry up and settle down…then I will be waiting until my whole life speeds right by me.  And I don’t want to do that!  I want to live!  I want to DANCE IN THAT RAINSTORM! 

So, His gentle whisper says, “Calm in the midst of the storm.”  Enjoy the giggles from my little ones, write that letter to a friend, take time to blog, sit down with coffee and bible in hand, cuddle with my 2yr old, be patient, be kind, in the midst of busy and crazy, revel in the glory of God this day! 

So, here I am, hunting down the beauty this morning…and I will see it…b/c He is here, and I am aware:)

No comments: