Saturday, December 10, 2011

I Am His

The snow falls so quietly.  Almost deafening.  The silence as flakes of heaven float down from the sky.  A fresh blanket.  It covers and it hides.  The dirt.  The muck.  The ugly.  The white so pure takes the place of all the mess and turns it into a winter wonderful land. 

DSCN3365

Inside my heart stirs.  His Spirit speaks.  A smile escapes my lips and I turn a thankful soul to the Snow-Giver, the Mess-Cleaner, the Reminder Himself.

 DSCN3384

My heart fills with dirt and grime each and everyday.  My steps become muddy and my feet get stuck in the muck each corner I come across.  But He is constantly turning my ugly into something beautiful, something pure and white.  And He reminds that it is only b/c of His shed blood that the quiet can exists, that the fresh can blanket and cover and hide the sin that plays so heavily outside.  And I inhale big, and relish in the moment of wonder as the world stops but for a brief instance, and I feel the snowflakes as they rest softly on my eye-lashes, and I hear Him as He wipes away and forgives this mess of a heart I have.  And I feel the peace settle in and over and I am whole.  I am His. 

DSCN0160

No comments: