Thursday, March 8, 2012

All About Him

I sit and listen…I read His Word and I am silenced.  My heart aches within…how much I want to be…to be more like the Creator…to be less like this fallible creation.  I breathe in…and I am reminded that even this breath was given to bring glory to His Kingship.  Everything within me was created for Him and for Him alone.  He is GOD!  He is GOD!  How do we wrap our minds around that concept…to understand Who He is…

He is Creator.  We are here b/c He willed it to be so.  Nothing we are, nothing we can do or want to do has anything to do with why we exist.  We are His handiwork…His very creation…His imagination put to life with breath and bones and blood.  His plan, His design, His purpose.  How foolish to think we are anything else.  HE IS GOD!  He is sovereign.  And He is good!  The vastness of my Savior runs so deep that comprehension is unattainable. 

Yet still I try…I want to know Him.  I want to grasp just a piece of His holiness…to touch His robe…to kiss His feet.  I want Jesus…God made man…I want to feel His presence and experience His power. 

It is not about me…not in the least.  It is about Him.  And how beautiful He is.  How magnificent He Is! He isn’t apart of “my” story…for my story is but a speck of dust in the span of eternity.  My story exists in order to bring Him glory…to make His name great…to reflect all of Him in everything I am to try, to live, to do.  I am His…and I find great honor in living out service to the One who spoke the worlds into being…whose power can not be matched!  

I don’t understand all that is…but I do understand that I was created for Him.  Period.  I am not here to find happiness or pleasure.  I wasn’t created to live up this life the best I can and then be done…no, I am here to bring honor and glory to my KING.  And if I fail to do that, what good is it?  What good is it? 

No comments: