Thursday, March 15, 2012

He Is Bigger than Inevitable

The Lord speaks…and again I am left speechless.  He knows my excuses.  He knows what my heart will justify, the sin that I will so easily overlook.  But when He speaks, it cuts to the quick.  And I am left with nothing more to argue.  For my heart can not serve two masters.  There is no relationship between God and sin.  I can try and reason with sin and flesh…but one can not hide unfaithfulness before the Faithful One.  It is impossible and cannot be done. 

DSCN8776

And so I bow before the Creator and once again, cease striving.  I am silenced and humbled.  For I desire to hear Him, to know Him, to see Him alive and at work WITHIN me!  And if sin resides, there is no space for His Spirit to dwell. 

DSCN8779

I confess.  And even in my confessing, I know that I am not strong enough to resist the temptation alone.  I don’t have it in me.  There is no point in telling God that I will “never do it again.”  B/c I have done it once, and in my flesh I will do it again.  It is inevitable.  But He is bigger than inevitable and He can empower even the weakest, such as myself.  So I cling desperately and hold tightly to His hand.  For on my own, I will fail.  I will slip into the very thing that I confess.  But through His strength I can conquer!  I can walk in the very light of the victory I so boldly claim!  For He has made me an “overcomer”.  So, today, I will overcome sin…and live victorious!

DSCN8773

And after the confession…peace washes over and joy abounds!  I feel the colors of His love splash across my heart!  His Spirit comes to life within and I feel like a summer sunset, bursting forth with beauty that leaves a soul in breathless awe!

No comments: