Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Faith…”Let’s See”

Today was hard.  Today presented an opportunity to trust…to exercise my faith in the Faithful One.  It was a “rubber meets the road” kind of day.  I love the end of days like these…b/c it’s the place where I get to feel the burn of a hard work-out with my Creator.  You know, like when you go to the gym and you give it your all, and every single muscle you have hurts like nothing you have ever experienced, but you LOVE IT!  IT is that good kind of “hurt”.  The one that makes you feel alive…that lets you know you have done something good and profitable and gives you confidence that results will look incredible! But the beginning is rough…it doesn’t always look so pretty…the results aren’t always so easily predicted.  

Well, that was my day today.  God asked the question: “Do you trust Me?”  My response: “OF COURSE!”  But then the next statement was the one that kind of made me nervous and threw me for a loop…He said, “Then let’s see:)”  He was wanting to see my faith in action…to watch if I could confidently lean on Him even when things began to spin out of control.  He was looking for joy in the midst of trials…for calm and steady in the middle of crazy and scary! 

I've been in this situation before…walked down this road with my Savior hand in hand…I knew what it looked like…and that I desperately wanted to respond in faith on this side of the trial…but what He was asking was so uncertain, so unknown, and my flesh wanted to scream and panic!  What do I do?  How do I do it?  FEAR!  The word I hate with a passion yet it plays such a big role in my life…Fear was rearing his ugly head and I had to make a decision:  was I going to give in?  Or stand and fight! 

Breathe.  In and out.  Again.  Remember.  Remember His faithfulness before.  Recall His promises.  Lean on them.  Stand on them.  Stake your life on them.  Choose your weapon.  Steady yourself…

I know God is faithful.  I know He has called me to “such a time as this.”  He has brought us so far.  He will not abandon HIs own.  Every word from Him played over and over in my mind…and I claimed each one.  It wasn’t easy…for each promise I claimed, Satan had a counter-attack prepared!  He fights dirty.  He fights hard.  It hurts.  But it doesn’t kill!  I found resolve.  I stood strong, rooted and grounded in God’s Word! 

And at the end of the day, the battle was won!  Satan was defeated!  Fear was put to rest!  God showed Himself faithful and glorious once again!  My faith was built.  And I give the glory to God alone!  His victory, His glory, His beauty portrayed for all to see!

I have been stretched, and I am sore, but He is good and He loves me and the results are phenomenal! 

No comments: