Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Slow Me Down!

Being Busy! I enjoy soaking up life to the fullest! I love going and doing! It is fun and exciting to try new things, hang out with people, minister, serve, have fun! But too much good stuff just makes you BUSY! And too much busy=not good at all! I have been too busy as of late! And I know b/c of the look in my baby girl's eyes today! Wesley loves to go and do just about as much as I do! He enjoys being out and about! He is truly a people person just like me! And Luke does pretty well on the go...just so long as he gets fed and gets to snuggle throughout the day with Mommy! But Emmy Grace is another story all together. She is very much like her Daddy in the fact that she likes time to herself. She enjoys being with people, but she needs her downtime! And I have been stretching her too far these past few weeks. We have just had so much to do...and even though she likes "doing"...today she was DONE!

We woke up early...I mean REALLY early to get school done before our busy day. Wes gets out of bed easily and bounces around the house so ready to tackle yet another day! But Emmy moves slower...she likes some cuddle time with Travis or I...she HAS to have her cup of chocolate milk each morning...and she doesn't like to be rushed or in a rush! She tends to get confused, overwelmed, and VERY VERY sad! Small tasks become huge hurdles that she cannot jump over! She becomes frustrated! And so, today she finally snapped! She was trying to get her shoes on as we were hurrying out the door, and she just couldn't do it! So she finally sat down and started to cry! And she just couldn't stop. I asked her what was wrong and this was her response..."I am having a hard time. Can we please go slower!" She looked up at me with tears streaming down her little cute cheeks and I knew it was time to stop! Slow me down Lord! Help me take it easy...and be sensitive to my children! They are amazing little people! I want to enjoy every minute with them...and not loose those precious moments to the busyness of life. SLOW ME DOWN!

1 comment:

Ben and Audrey said...

such a sweet post. emmy grace is a doll. those words just broke my heart. but i know how things can get so busy. i feel like life is a blur right now too. last week, after a full day of running errands, a nap that was cut really short & seeing too many people, jack just fell apart. he was so super fussy & super duper duper clingy. i even put him to bed 30 minutes early with no arguing from him! i felt so bad after he fell asleep. i knew it was my fault that he had such a rough day. so the next day, we sat at home. all day. he needed it & i realized that i needed it too.

going & doing is fun, but sometimes just being at home is the best kind of day!! i'm learning that more & more. i value time at home more now than i ever have before. i want jack to enjoy each day and not feel overwhelmed.

you're such a good mom! and i know your kids are having an absolute blast!!! i'm so glad you are so sensitive to the needs of your kids. they will be so grateful for that now & in the future!! hope little emmy has a better day tomorrow!!