Thursday, April 22, 2010

He is God. He is Good!

Faith. What is it to you? God revealed to me this morning a new aspect to my faith that I had never considered before.

I have believed God in some pretty big areas of my life. At the age of 15, I felt God calling me to go to Africa. Alone. No family, no friends, but the calling was strong and so I followed. It was crazy scary at times. Just in the prepping time. I went with an organization called "Teen Mission International." Great organization and great trip! But it took a lot of faith for me. I had to raise 5,000 dollars in a little less than 2 months. God provided and I actually raised 6,000! Glory to God! But it was a moment that REQUIRED a lot of faith. So believing was actually easy.

Moving along...after high school my parents received a calling to pick up from our comfortable lives in the heart of the south and move to South Korea to teach and pastor in an international community. The decision for me was "do I leave my home, my friends, my plans to attend college and go with?" Or, do I abandon all the things I KNOW to be...and follow my family and serve overseas?" Well, honestly, that wasn't a hard decision. I knew God wanted me to go! And it was the most incredible experience of my life. I met and married my husband while volunteering in South Korea. God likes to do crazy, unbelievable things right in the middle of our abandonment to self!

But more faith was required when He called me away from my family to a life of an army wife. That I wasn't prepared for, even though I knew I was marrying a man in the army. I just didn't know what to expect. It was hard and scary at first...but my faith was strong and God helped me adjust and live joyfully!

The next HUGE step of faith came into play during my pregnancy with my 2nd child, Emmy Grace. My water broke at 23 weeks and I was rushed by plane to a hospital in Anchorage Alaska...b/c where we live now, in Fairbanks, didn't have facilities to help my situation. My faith grew leaps and bounds during the next 7 weeks of trusting God to do the impossible. I should have had that baby girl with the next 48 hours. But God decided to leave her in my belly, on bed-rest for the next 6 weeks. At 30 weeks gestational age, Emmy was born, not breathing on her own but thanks to technology and God-breathed life, she survived! After 5 days she came off the ventilator and grew stronger and stronger each day! Through that whole process, I couldn't help but trust God b/c I truly had nothing else I COULD DO! Sure, I could have doubted and feared...but I knew My Creator would bring this little life into being! And today, she is strong and healthy! Praise His Name!

But this morning, on my walk with Jesus, I asked HIm what am I suppose to be trusting HIm with now? Nothing huge is going on in my small world. We are living our days right now happily and care-free for the most part. The biggest thing to conquer right now is my laundry pile. The kids are all happy and healthy. Travis and I are thriving in our relationship. We serve in a wonderful church. Our friends bring joy and encouragement to our lives on a daily basis! My parents are just a few miles down the street and help us with the kids weekly! Life is truly pretty "easy" right now. Even mundane sometimes...just with the same kind of schedule week in and week out. So, I asked the Lord if something was wrong...b/c everything seems so "right" right now. What was I suppose to be trusting Him with at this moment? How as my faith suppose to be active right now?

And then HE SPOKE! I felt chills run up and down my body. He said "Be still My baby girl! You are right where you are suppose to be. I want you to trust Me in the common, everyday schedule of life. Trust Me to speak to you. Trust Me to heal your heart from sin and filth. Trust Me to bring the sunrise every morning. Trust me in this quiet time of your life just as you have trusted Me in the BIG WHIRLWIND moments that have crashed around you! Trust me!"

And do you realize, how hard that was to hear. How much harder it is to trust Him with the little, everyday occurrences opposed to the big storms that rage around us? I never thought this phase of life would require so much faith! Being still for this girl is NEVER an easy task! But I am gonna do it! I know He wants my obedience in the smallest of things just as He does in the biggest of big! And so, that was my revelation this morning! God is so good! He never ceases to speak to His children! He is God. He is Good!

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

I cannot believe this post. I don't know what to say.

I am in the exact same spot as you. For so long it seemed like Jeff and I struggled. We were in 'the valley' for such a long long time (bad business deal, huge debt, infertility, scary move to AK, miscarriages, then Rodney's birth and all that) that we felt like God was preparing us for something. I felt at home in trouble, you know? In His arms and at peace, crazy as it sounds.

And now, here we are, with plenty of money, a sweet healthy child, and nothing but time on our hands. I feel like I've been asking God, what's next? I'm prepared to enter a valley and it just never comes. Just blessing after blessing. And your post spoke volumes to me. I am where He has put me. I need to simply rest at His feet and enjoy all this goodness.

Thank you for this honest post! I am going to relax today and be content on the mountain peak. I won't feel guilty; instead, I will work hard to feel Him.

I'm posting this and linking to you. Hope that's okay! :)