Monday, May 3, 2010

FREEDOM!

I stand in awe! Actually, I did a "happy dance" in the presence of the Lord today! He worked something out in my heart that words just couldn't describe! I was filled with SUCH overwhelming joy that I danced around the house, jumping and singing and praising my Jesus! He is some kind of WONDERFUL! He set me free today! Free from a lifetime area of bondage! And it came out of nowhere! I hadn't been praying about it...I knew it was there, buried in the deepest part of me...but it had been so long since I had tried prying it's ugly fingers off the recess of my heart that I had almost forgotten about it. It had truly become another part of me. It was so familiar that I had kinda excepted it as my lot.

But then...

Christ came pressing through and that old enemy went running out! There was no room for negotiating today! No sirree! He fled full speed as Christ poured His goodness and mercy out over my head and straight into my heart! And the peace that flooded my soul! I felt it! It wasn't just a sprinkle here and there....IT WAS THE WHOLE RIVER being poured out and over! And when it was done...I felt LIBERATED! Free, light, I could dance without holding back! He is my God...my Creator...and the burden carrier! And boy did he carry that burden out of my life!!!! LOVE HIM!

1 comment:

Paula said...

Know that I am rejoicing with you over your freedom from bondage. Jesus, the One and Only, came to preach to the Good News, to proclaim freedom for prisoners and recovery of sight for the blind, and TO RELEASE THE OPPRESSED! Praise God and our Lord Jesus Chris!