Thursday, February 17, 2011

Grace Moments...

So here I am...and I am in a daze of wonder...can I do it? This challenge to "count the moments?" To find grace in all? Can I live this "giving thanks in all things?" Ann Voskamp's book..."One Thousand Gifts" has moved me outside of myself. The idea of putting names to moments given to me from the Creator Himself...the idea of slowing down time, capturing it really, and numbering grace...1,2,3,4,5,...587,588,589,....all the way to 1,000. I've begun. And in just a short week of time, my life has become transfixed, transformed! I am changing...time is slowing down...beauty is swelling all around me...the ugly is finding its spot in the beautiful God intended. And my eyes are opened. My eyes are opened wider than ever before. I am seeing truly for the first time in my whole life! His Love has captured my heart, stollen my soul, and taken me to a place I never want to leave! My days are becoming more than just "another day". Moments are filling and spilling over with majestic and inspiring and earth-shattering AMAZING! Joy is upon me and has taken me by force! And why? B/c I am learning to "give thanks always...in everything...in the good and in the bad...especially in the bad...b/c who am I to label a moment good or bad anyway? All moments are given by the One who gave the breath to breathe...so that makes all moments GRACE MOMENTS! I am growing into a girl I've always dreamed of being...a girl who is happy and excited and filled with overwelming JOY!

Friends and Family...please take this challenge. Buy the book! Read the book! And start today..."pray without ceaseing...giving thanks always..."

I would love to meet Ann one day...to throw my arms around this woman who opened her heart to the world and let us watch God move in and work miracles! She has inspired me and encouraged me more than I could ever thank her for. What a precious treasure she has given...allowing God to work through her and her struggles to show us...me...what it means to TRULY give thanks!

1 comment:

dacia said...

Sounds amazing. I think I'll have to look for that book!!