Tuesday, February 1, 2011

One of "THOSE" Days.

Today has been, well, one of "THOSE" days! Nothing of significant chaos happened...just your ordinary, crazy, mother of three little ones, homeschooling all morning, kids fussing, spilt milk, favorite shirt dirty, step on a tack kind of day!



The worse part of the day, is that I let it all get to me. I caved. I gave in to the temptation. I lost my cool, I stressed out, I gave in to worrying about the little stuff! And I hate that part of me! I took my eyes off of Him...and let them rest on the trivial, petty, passing mess. I snapped at my children. I was short with my husband. I was grumpy with my Lord.



I tried "pulling it together". But the harder I try, the worse the day goes. Why? I figure b/c I am trying on my own...not humbling myself to the awesome presence and strength of Almighty God.



And the, right when I thought I was doing okay...that the day was "shaping up"...my oldest child goes and vomits in the grocery store! (talk about being humbled) Do I laugh or cry? It was like God was saying..."Sweet daughter, you don't have ANY control. So, surrender already!" Guess what I have spent the rest of the afternoon doing? Yep, surrendering my will, my mind, my heart, my words, and my spirit over to the One who holds it all together in the palm of His hands.



But the most humbling part of the entire day was this...right in the midst of me acting like a spoiled toddler, pouting and stomping my foot b/c my day wasn't going "as planned", my youngest, Lukey, who is 18 months, wraps his chubby little arms around my neck and whispers in my ear..."Wuv oo Mama". Then he sported his "cheeser face" and ran off to play with his brother and sister. In the middle of my foolishness, my family still loves me...still accepts me...and forgives without question. "Those" days turn out to be some of the best learning days God gives us. So, I encourage you to embrace your "mess"...and let God use it to mold you more into His most precious image!

No comments: