Monday, February 7, 2011

Just a Regular Day...

A regular day. Monday. Aother week. But God did something this morning that stirs the inner places of my being. He turned my "ordinary moment" of a day, into an "extra-ordinary miracle" of grace. He is God. He is in control. My world spins in a thousand different cirlcles all at once, yet He finds order and beauty and wonder right in the very center of all my "crazy". And He gently blows His sweet kiss of peace straight into my heart. And I catch it. I bask in it! That peace that leaves the world spell-bound. The peace that man-kind can not comprehend. The peace that He lovingly floods hearts with. That peace, He kissed me with today. My "regular Monday" miracle.

And although the turmoil still swirls around me...the friend still battles with the unknown...Cancer still rears it's ugly head and fear threatens to steal away that precious Kiss...God remains faithful and control remains in His hands alone. Two heads bow together in the middle of a kitchen. Tears stream down faces as voices are lifted to heaven. And God ushers in His Holy Spirit and in a single breath, my little kitchen floor becomes holy ground as we seek the Father in unified togetherness. We don't know what tomorrow will bring forth. We can't see into the future. But Peace Himself has whispered into our hearts...and we know. His love washes over and seeps into the secret places of our very souls! We are comforted. His miracle. His kiss. His peace. His comfort. His girls!

"Regular days" can be some of my favorite ones.

No comments: