Sunday, January 20, 2008

Sweetest Little Boy...


Have you ever been so overwelmed with love for your children? Today Wesley blessed my heart beyond words. I was having a pretty rough morning...feeling depressed and just plain yucky...I came home from church crying and upset...and then the sweetest little boy in the whole world said the most amazing thing. In his sweet innocent little voice, he put his arms around my neck and said, "Mommy, please don't be sad...I love you and you don't have to cry b/c I will always be your best friend just like Jesus. So, now you have to show me your happy face!" I just hugged him so tight...and of course showed him my "happy face".

The faith and love of a child is exactly what Christ wants for us to have. Carefree, innocent, trusting, genuine! In that moment, Christ wrapped His arms around me...i could feel His everlasting love and grace pouring over me...and I have never been more grateful for my little boy in all my life! Jesus uses the smallest things to display His splendor and might! I stand amazed!

3 comments:

Kristine and Jesse said...

Why have I not seen him in over a year!??? I can not believe it, it's like a crime of all crimes! I miss you guys. I heard that I will see you August 1st or something like that though???

Anonymous said...

Hi Blair, I am so glad that you have experienced for yourself just how precious children can be. From a "Mimi"'s point of view, I totally agree that Wesley is some kind of extra ordinary little "man". Your children are the apples of our eyes! Thank you and Travis for raising them to love Jesus! I love you! mom

Kimberly N. White said...

Hey my precious friend! I am SO excited you are a blogger now too. hehe. Isn't it just the greatest piece of internet genius? I love being able to keep in touch so much easier. Blair, you're kiddos are absolutely precious & that is the understatement of the year! It's amazing how God used your little Wesley to give you exactly what you needed at that moment. God is just so faithful to provide for every need we have...even if we just need a reminder of how much we're loved. I love you so much Blair! Have a fantabulous day! I am lifting you guys in prayer =c)