Saturday, January 26, 2008

So Small...

Last night Travis and I were watching the "Live Garth Brooks" concert on t.v. and an overwelming thought captured my mind! Watching the show, and seeing all the people that had attended...it blew my mind! There were so many people there...and to think that each and every one of those people have relationships, friends, family, problems, dramas, failures, succeses, jobs, goals, dreams...and to think that God is involved in each one of their lives, our lives. He knows every detail of their lives...just as He knows the details of mine! He hears their prayers, works in their situations, and delivers them from sin...just as He does for me and you. This world is so huge...so detailed...and we serve a God who is in control of it all!

I used to get these over welming feelings while riding the subway or walking the streets in Korea. So many people...always going somewhere...having something "important" to get done...having people to meet....someone waiting for them...everyone living out the lives God has given them...and in those moments, I feel so small. But that is just what I am...we are so small in comparison to our Great BIg God! But that fact brings me such great comfort and peace! To know that God is everywhere and yet is still a very personal and relational Father! Doesn't that fill you with amazement? SOmetimes it is easy to get caught up in our own lives, our own problems and worries that we forget the grander scale of things...that we play a part in this HUGE story...but we are not THE MAIN PART...that title belongs to our Lord! Just something I was thinking about!

No comments: