Sunday, March 22, 2009

Letting Go!

I've let go...of so many things! I like to be in control...I like to keep the peace, NO MATTER WHAT THE COST...I like to follow the things of the Lord, so long as they line up with my agenda and my comfort zone! But today, I let go of it all! And what a peace that followed! I gave my will and wants over to the Lord...I surrendered the control I've tried to hold over my family back to the One who gave that very family to me! I choose to follow my husband and trust his relationship with the Lord to lead and guide our family where God desires us to be! I've decided to be content! To be happy with where God has me. To enjoy my relationship with my Creator even if where He leads me , no one understands! And to NOT WORRY! God is in control! I thought I would be afraid...but the PEACE! It is so amazing. A quiet, calm assurance that He loves me and my utmost concern in life is to honor Him at all cost!

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

One of my favorite sayings that has to do with this topic is:

BLOOM WHERE YOU'RE PLANTED

Great post. It's a hard thing to do-letting go. You've reminded me of something I need to do in my own life. I need to let go of control to embrace the blessings God has given.

Love you girl!