Wednesday, February 17, 2010

My Father's Love!

It's 3am, and in 45 minutes the alarm will go off. Early huh? But we are leaving at 4:30am to head to Anchorage yet again. Travis is working there for a week and we miss him. So, I decided to load us all up...toys, clothes, school books, diapers, wipes, walker, pack-n-play, etc....and go spend some time in a hotel for 7 days so we can sneak a peak at Daddy once in a while! But absolutely no complaining here...b/c at least we have the option! He isn't deployed right now and we are so blessed! So...I'm up! I am showered, dishes put away, kitty taken care of, beds made, baby fed, kids dressed, coffee made and one cup down all before 4:30:) Doing good!

On the road...kids all asleep before we even get out of Fairbanks! And we have the day before us! The skies are clear and I can see thousands and thousands of stars! The sky looks so much bigger without the city lights in the background. Gorgeous! But as we travel...the sky starts to break and the mountain's silloute looms before us. Gigantic! Amazing! The stars start to disappear as the sun starts to make it's appearance! The snow starts to glisten like diamonds with the sun reflecting off...and then, before my eyes, stands the tallest mountain in North America! MT. MCKINNLEY! And to make the grandeur even more impressive...the sun rises right above it's peak! Breath-taking to say the LEAST!

And with all the beauty right before my eyes, my mind tries to comprehend my Father's Love! Breath-taking! Gigantic! Huge! Amazing! And all the feelings that words cannot describe, the beauty of creation speak in their place! And in that moment, the splendor before me becomes my voice! And my heart and mind are one with the mountains and the stars and the snow covered trees and the moose with her baby crossing the plains. And with the very creation that God created in His own goodness, it is speaking back to Him His praise and adoration! B/c this one girl, whose heart is about to explode in gratitude, cannot utter a sound, b/c I have become lost in the beauty of our King! My Father's Love!

He provides a way for the most ordinary tasks....b/c when the most ordinary tasks become lost in His love...He speaks for us! AMEN!

No comments: