Sunday, February 14, 2010

True Love


Another Valenetines has come and gone. And sitting here, pondering the events of the weekend...I am asking myself..."Do I expect too much from my man?" My man, who dresses in flannel and jeans....my man, who carrys a hand gun in one pocket and a knife in the other...my man, who wears his NRA hat like I do my makeup...my man, who dreams of planes and guns and large animals hanging on our wall...my man, who makes his own bullets, who flys his own airplanes, who fishes and hunts for his own meat so we don't pay for it at the grocery...my man...who, in all essence of the word...IS A MAN...do I expect too much of this man when I want flowers and chocolates and romance and sappy, lovey, mushy, share all your feelings kind of moments? B/c as much as my man is man, I am a GIRL! I love everything sweet and pretty, girly and frilly! I love the tender, romantic moments that make you sigh in delight! I love watching movies that end in fairy tale happiness! I love watching the knight swoop in and ride off in the sunset with his princess in his arms! I love dressing up for no reason at all! I love it all! The red and pink and hearts and candy and flowers that our culture uses to sell Valentines day...i love it all and don't mind engaging in the marketing and consuming of it all as well!

But, in my dreaming of a perfect Valentine's Day, it involves my MANLY Man thinking like me for a moment...and that is my question...is that too much! I know it isn't natural...and I wouldn't want him to be LIKE me...but I do want him to THINK like me on occasion. Is that too much? Sometimes I think it might be...and yet...I hope for it every holiday. I love suprises and hope for unexpected moments of sappy, romantic bliss from that Manly man. It doesn't happen too often...VERY rarely to be exact...but when it does...it fills my heart with delight and makes me catch my breath! B/c it is in those kind of moments that he takes my breath away! Why? B/c I know it isn't natural...normal...and doesn't come easy to him at all! It just isn't him. It is everyhing that is OPPOSITE of him! But when he goes outside of himself and does something sweet just for me...it makes my heart skip a beat and makes me feel like the most blessed girl in the world! LOVE IT! And that to me...is TRUE LOVE!

No comments: