Thursday, February 25, 2010

A TreeHouse In Anchorage

It feels as though Travis lives in Anchorage. He is there all the time. Since the beginning of the year, mind you that is only 8 weeks ago, he has been in Anchorage at least 7 times! And he leaves again tomorrow. Last week we were able to go down with him...and we had a blast. Such a blessing. But tonight, when he was saying prayers with the kids, Emmy Grace told her daddy that he should buy a treehouse in Anchorage. That way, he wouldn't have to live in hotels all the time and it would be "super fun". Not such a bad idea!

I'm not really complaining though. I told myself a long time ago, NOT TO COMPLAIN! Why? B/c Anchorage is a much better place for a husband to be than say...hmm...Iraq! I am able to call him whenever I want. I know he is safe. And if push came to shove, I can always go visit...whenever I get that notion. But still, it gets lonley here at night without him. During the day, my minutes are filled with three precious kiddos. But it is the nights...when normally we hang out, play games, watch t.v. together, laugh and just enjoy one another's company. I miss him the most at nights. But praise God iit is only for short spurts at a time...I am so thankful for his job. I am thankful for the opportunites God has allowed us to be apart of b/c of his job. We are blessed beyond measure!

But, needless to say, a treehouse in Anchorage would be rather cool! Anyone want to invest in a timeshare?

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

I would invest in a heartbeat.