Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Hurting…My Thankful This Day

How a heart can break.  In the early morning light, my heart is laid bare, and the hurt seems so big, so overwhelming.  Too quickly I forget that “we don’t wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities and things not of this world”.  Too often, my war is fought against the wrong enemy.  Far too often I loose my focus, I forget, and I hurt. 

Deep, gut-wrenching sobs rack my body…tears fall across my keyboard as I type.  I don’t want to forget.  I don’t want to hurt.  But sometimes only the hurt can bring the healing needed for my soul.  Sometimes only the hurt can open my eyes.  Sometimes, in hindsight mostly, hurt can be a great and dear friend.  For God uses that hurt to bring me to the foot of the cross.  That hurt turns my eyes up.  That hurt…helps. 

So, I embrace the hurt.  This morning, in the breaking light of the dawn, that very hurt is my “Thankful” this day. 

Change me Lord.  From the inside out, change this heart of mine until it no longer resembles me at all!  Make me a mirror of You, precious Savior, Father. 

No comments: