Wednesday, August 3, 2011

LIVING in the Right Now!

He gives me life, and He says LIVE!  Right now, in this moment, LIVE!  Drink in the beauty of here, now.  Bask in the grace supplied for the present.  He wants us to enjoy.  He wants us to FEEL the grandeur of the mountain, serene and intense!  He wants us to be AWED over the delicate berry, so round and so blue.  He wants our senses to come alive to HIS beauty, the beauty that He created for all to see.  This creation is His handiwork.  His masterpiece.  The tree bent low.  The caterpillar so intricate.  The tundra so soft.  The breeze blown across the meadow, whispering words from the very lips of the Creator Himself. 

“Don’t worry about tomorrow…”  Christ speaks with wisdom.  He knows that worry will cause us to miss out on this day, this moment dipped in majesty and glory.  He longs for us to be still.  To slowly open our eyes and LOOK.  “Taste and see that the Lord is good.”  He appeals to our senses for He designed them for His glory. 

So, He calls…and I hear.  My soul stops its frantic searching and planning for the next moment, and I begin to live in this one.  My long list of schedules and “to do’s” fade from sight and I SEE my Savior ALIVE AND ACTIVE right now.  This day is a gift He has granted me.  This breath is given from GRACE Himself.  I lay aside the stress of responsibility and I embrace the wild, the adventure of being HIS!  All the chores will still be there tomorrow…but right now the opportunity exists to run free!  To  dance with arms stretched wide, face turned up toward the warmth of the sun, and smile spread from ear to ear!  This minute of wild abandonment will fuel the next with joy and inexpressible contentment!  For everywhere, in everything, God is near and I will rejoice and LIVE!

No comments: