Monday, August 1, 2011

Transitioning…

I stand in his doorway as tears fall freely down my cheeks.  He is sleeping in his big-boy bed!  My baby is no longer in his crib.  The soft sobs shake my body.  Where has the time gone?  It is speeding by so quickly.  I can barely keep up.  These precious moments with these sweet little angels.  They seep through my fingers like grains of sand…how I ache to hold on!  Sometimes I want to capture this minute in a bottle and never let it go!  Foolishness, I know.  But the desire is so overwhelming at times.  I don’t know why this moment caught me so off guard?  It crept up on me…too sudden maybe?  My sweet husband walks quietly down the hallway, embraces me in a hug as my tears stain his shirt.  He holds me knowingly.  My heart about the burst. 

 

And then the Lord ushers in His comfort…so quickly that it almost steals my breath away.  He gently reminds me that there is a way to make these moments last for all eternity.  Count them.  Number these seasons of grace and praise them back to Him.  And so I hurriedly grab a pen start writing…

…548. little chubby arm, wrapped tight around his monkey love, satisfied grin playing on his lips…sleeping in his big-boy bed!

…549. deep, knowing embrace from husband standing in a darkened hallway.

…550. an aching hurtful heart, a reminder to count the moments, to record the graces God sprinkles throughout each day!

I will choose to walk slowly…to savor each breath as a gift, a treasure straight from the heart of my Savior! 

No comments: