Monday, January 26, 2009

Does Parenting EVER get easier?

Today has been a challenge! Actually, if we want to get technical, this whole week has has been challenging! What might that challenge be? Emily Grace! As much as I love that little girl, she can leave me speachless with frustration!
As a parent, we want our children to know and fear the Lord. So, we start at a young age teaching them the difference between right and wrong. We introduce discipline and we work with each individual child in a way that they can connect too. We explain what sin is, the consequences of sin, we introduce grace, and truly enjoy watching our children grasp the meanings of all these things! Parenting. But what do you do with a child who doesn't seem to grasp ANY of those concepts! It's like she knows what is right and wrong, what mommy and daddy expect from her, and then she goes ahead and does whatever she wants! She will misbehave and then go and GET THE SPANKING SPOON herself! She does understand, she just doesn't seem to care. And I am left standing shaking my head asking, or BEGGING the Lord for my next step.
I love being a mom! It is the greatest joy in all the world! But some days I just don't feel like I do this thing called "parenting" justice! Please Lord, help me! I want my kids to love Jesus, love life, love others! Help me Jesus guide them and teach them what is right, and good, and holy!

THe answer to my subject question...I'm not sure parenting ever does get easier. It just gets different!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good Luck, Emmy is to must like her Aunt Kristine. Love Mom