Sunday, January 25, 2009

Faith~

Faith! True faith that God calls every believer too...it is real and God not only commands us to it, He expects if from us! Is it easy to believe something you have no control over to come to pass? No way! But must we do it? YES! There are so many passages in the Word that demand this kind of faith...the unwavering, never doubting, blind and reckless kind of faith! It is exciting really! To know that there is Someone much bigger than our minds can fathom, waiting for us to trust Him with everything we are made of! And the results are truly earth-shattering!

People say they have faith...they say they know that God will do what they ask. Yet, they still plan for the "what-if He doesn't". They always have "plan- B" ready and waiting...just in case their prayer is against His will! But I've learned something recently and believe it with all my heart! You might disagree but it is becoming everything I base my life upon! God's will isn't some mystical revelation that we can never know! His will is written in plain view! God's will for each of us is His Holy Word! The Bible! Everything in there is what He desires for us! And when we pray...as long as our prayers are lining up according to the scriptures, THEY ARE GOD"S WILL! And with that confidence we can BOLDLY approach His throne with our petitions...and He hears us...and He answers! WOW!

But pray, ask, with complete and pure faith! James 1:6 states that "when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. Vs.7 That man should not think he will receive anything from the Lord;He is a double-minded man, unstable in all he does!" We can't doubt, or question! We must pray and believe that IT WILL HAPPEN! And wait for the miraculous! I've seen the wonders...and they blow my mind away!

This whole little "sermon in a blog" came from a situation today. A girl at church is pregnant and having problems. She has had 4 miscarriages in the past year and a half and all the signs say this is what will happen again! But i believe different! We gathered around her today and prayed down heaven for her! And in my heart I KNOW that baby will be born Healthy and beautiful! People might say that is a presumptuous statement...but I know my God! I know He is the Giver of life! And that her heart's desire is to have this baby! And my heart is filled with peace! It isn't easy believing...b/c no one wants to be proven wrong, or be let down, But my God is faithful! And in THIS situation...He WILL show Himself strong! His glory will be seen!

Faith! The very disciples prayed that theirs would be increased! So should we all! Encourage one another, pray for one another, b/c our enemy loves nothing more than to fill our hearts with fear and crush out our child-like faith with reasoning and logic! My God is bigger than both of those words...I've seen it! And I am ready to see it again!

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

I'm not sure which I like better- your posts like this one, or the ones about your kids. Both are great! I think it will mean so much to our kids someday that we did this blog thing to record their childhoods.

Keep us updated on the young lady who is pregnant. More of us are praying now.