Saturday, January 17, 2009

Emmy's Surgery







Well, this post is a week late, but...Emmy had her surgery last week and it went well. It was a bit scary...but overall I think it will be successful! It is still too early to know for sure...she is still a bit cross-eyed but that is supposed to be expected for a week or two.






After she came out of surgery, she wanted to rub her eyes naturally, but she wasn't suppose to! Two nurses were trying to hold her down and couldn't! So they had to drug her to calm her down. My two year old is stronger than two nurses! That is crazy! She is REALLY strong...but who knew! After she woke up, I went in to her...and she needed to go potty. I hadn't talked to the doctor yet so I really didn't know much of what to expect! As we were in the bathroom...she started crying. When I looked down at her...she had tears of blood running down her face! Of course I freaked out! But come to find out, that is normal for the first day! YIKES! It wasn't fun! But she did good and we are praying all the quirks work themselves out and she will be 100% good! Thanks for the prayers!

1 comment:

Ben and Audrey said...

blair! i love your blog! i've actually been reading it for awhile! i'm happy to finally have a blog too! i think i will really enjoy it! love you!

p.s. emmy looks SO cute in those scrubs!